The Oni X Tanuki OTHT jeans are part of the exclusive 2018 collab between the legendary Oishi-San one-man brand Oni Denim, known for its low tension and irregular slubby denim, and Tanuki, a brand that uses details and a premium construction on a level that does not exist in the Japanese denim industry today.
In this collab both brands have worked together to produce a new version of the legendary ONI secret denim fabric, experimenting with 3 different types of cotton. The result is a beefier, unsanforized 21.5oz fabric, woven at low tension with an amazing slub and hairy texture and hand feel.
The jeans are made with all the superior quality Tanuki details such as copper buttons, embroidery, organic natural indigo rope dyeing and of course the beloved ONI x Tanuki custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch.
The weft yarn is beige cotton. The warp yarn is rope-dyed with pure natural indigo dye. The fading potential is incredible and will showcase a variety of shades ranging over different tones of blue.
The cut is a modern high-tapered fit. The taper is pretty aggressive so that it gives a slim-fitting silhouette while allowing for a lot of space at the thighs with a high rise.
Near the back pocket there is a stitched Tanuki logo. their 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. . The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
We have selected a non-wash version for this model because we love the hand feel, slub, nep and character of this fabric in its totally pure version
As it is non-wash version, we highly recommend you soak the jeans in hot water before the first wear. Expect around 4cm (1.5in) of shrinkage in the waist and 6,4cm (2.5in) in the inseam when soaking so please, keep it in mind when looking for your size in the product size chart.
- 21.5 oz unsanforized non-wash japanese selvedge Denim organic natural indigo rope dyed.
- 100% cotton. A new blend using three different kinds of cotton has been used exclusively for weave this fabric including the USA cotton sourced for ONI
- High rise
- High tapered fit
- Warp: Organic natural Indigo / Weft: beige
- Slubby irregular, nep & Hairy Texture
- Low tension weave applied in the shuttle loom
- Stitched Tanuki Logo, 2 lines near the right back pocket
- Selvedge line colour: Pink
- Tanuki custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Japanese extra-durable deep blue herringbone cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Reinforced back pockets with Japanese extra-durable deep blue herringbone cotton-lined fabric
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with ONI x Tanuki logo
- Contrasting blue interior threads
- ONI and Tanuki cotton labels inside
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen