The Tanuki ET (Earth Tapered) is made with Tanuki’s 2018 earth series fabric. An unsanforized 18oz heavyweight slubby indigo fabric beige weft with a light brown rustic earth tone. It is made with 100% texas, californian and supima cotton blend and It has varying degrees of unevenness and bumpiness throughout the entire fabric. The Californian slub yarn by itself would break too easily when creating a fabric of the weight of the E fabric, therefore Tanuki has to combine it with the long staple supima cotton which is very strong yet soft, and makes the fabric durable and breathable. The weft yarn is reactively dyed light-beige by cheese dyeing. The warp yarn is rope-dyed with pure indigo, sulfur dye and a greencast indigo dye.
The fading potential is incredible and will showcase a variety of shades from different tones of blue, green hues and brownish undertones. These undertones are the foundation of this fabric and what the Tanuki denim makers had set out to accomplish: Earth Fabric.
The cut is a modern Type III fit with hand warmer pockets added at the hip, with blue gingham pocket bag lining.
In the shoulder there is the embroidered Tanuki 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 18oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge heavyweight slubby indigo fabric beige weft with a light brown rustic earth tone. It is the one-wash version, so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% texas, californian and supima cotton blend
- Type III fit
- Two chest pockets
- Warp: Indigo / Weft: Beige
- Slubby irregular & hairy texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo: 2 lines in the shoulder
- Selvedge line colour: white
- Electric blue top button
- Copper buttons
- Hand warmer pockets with blue gingham pocket bag lining
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo in the interior
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen