Spellbound has chosen a high Twist Cotton denim fabric from Kurashiki (Japan) to create these jeans. They are finely designed and developed using the latest weaving techniques. A hard twist yarn has been turned to a great enough degree in the spinning process that it is compact and strong. This will make the cotton stronger and highly compress the cotton fiber. However, not all cotton can do this process, the mill has to select long and strong cotton fiber, such as Zimbabwe cotton.
In all types of yarn, the tightness of the twist in the yarn has a major effect on the characteristics of the finished fabric. Fabrics of harder-twisted yarns are stronger, smoother, more elastic, more resilient, more abrasion resistant, more adsorbent, less prone to pilling or snagging, and even more comfortable on the skin.
This is the only non-selvedge fabric you can find in our store. Because it is a hard twist, that too heavy for the old shuttle looms.
The jeans have a modern loose-fit silhouette, with a little amount of tapper from the knee down and a high rise. They are made with all the superior-quality Spellbound details such as branded copper buttons, chain stitching, and high-quality construction.
- 13-oz unsanforized lightweight hard twist Japanese non-selvedge denim. It is the one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% Zimbabwe cotton
- High rise
- Straight-tapered fit
- Warp: Indigo / Weft: white
- Strong and smooth fabric
- Zip fly
- Clean lines (No pocket arcs or patch)
- Spellbound custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Japanese extra-durable cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]