The Tanuki NT (Natural Indigo Tapered) is made with a unique natural indigo dyed fabric that will result in beautiful fades with a strong character. Made with 100% Texas cotton and using a low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom, the fabric is dyed in natural indigo and the colour is deep and rich with tons of character. Fibres saturated with pure organic indigo produce a bouquet of blue shades and a slightly woolly and slubby outer appearance. The time-honoured tradition of nurturing live indigo has been perfected to create a natural indigo fabric unlike anything seen or felt before. Decades of experience setting a new standard for the future.
The jeans are made with all the superior-quality Tanuki details such as copper buttons, Tanuki logo embroidered back pocket detail and the iconic Tanuki custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch.
The cut is a modern tapered fit, simple taper from the knee down with a close leg opening, still offering plenty of room in the thigh and top block with a mid-rise.
Near the back pocket there is the embroidered Tanuki 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 16.5oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% Texas cotton
- Medium rise
- Tapered fit
- Warp: Natural pure organic dyed Indigo / Weft: white
- Slubby, irregular & hairy texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo, 2 lines near the right back pocket
- Selvedge line colour: natural white
- Tanuki custom buttons
- Tanuki custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Durable cotton-lined fabric in front pocket customized with Tanuki illustration
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo
- Contrast Blue Interior Threads
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen