This bag is made from the finest Kurashiki canvas- only 150 feet can be woven on shuttle looms per day, raw brass hardware - produced in a traditional casting factory in downtown Tokyo and vegetable – tanned Japanese leather – slowly and carefully tanned with mimosa extract. It is inspired by the iconic U.S. army bags.
The robust canvas will become supple with use, the natural leather will darken beautiful and take on its own patina.
The bag closes with a high quality solid brass zipper which can be tucked back into the bag when open for easy access. It has one interior pocket and it is just the right size for a 2-3 day trip and is well within hand luggage size limits.
This bag is made in the Superior Labor studio in Okayama prefecture where they turned an old elementary school into a unique workshop space. They work with a pride that is typical of Japanese craftsmanship. The result is a range of 100% hand-crafted accessories which are not only beautiful but also extremely practical and hard-wearing, fully justifying the Superior Labor motto: “ We take pride in craftsmanship and never skimp on time and effort. ”
- Pure cotton Kurashiki canvas
- Cowhide japanese genuine leather straps and bottom
- Waldes solid brass Zippers
- 1 Interior pocket
- 46cm x 37cm x 21cm (lenght x width x depth) // 18.1in x 14.5in x 8.2in (lenght x width x depth)
- Handmade in Japan, in The Superior Labor studio
- We recommend to use a Horse Hair Brush to brush off any type of dirt and apply a light coat of Smith´s leather balm to rehydrate the leather when needed.