The ONI 266 "Kase" are made with a 16oz ultra-low tension weave natural indigo dyed fabric with a unique texture and colour. It is inspired in the "Shoai Kase" traditional dying method. In Okayama prefecture, cotton yarn was traditionally dyed by hand, this process is called "Kase dyeing" and makes reference to the process of dyeing the cotton before weaving it. The technique is simple but it is extremely time and effort intensives. But Kase fabrics usually don't fade spectacularly because of their dyeing process. So, Oishi-San from ONI has achieved the amazing rich indigo colour with shades from the Kase using the rope dyeing (the best dyeing method to get contrasted fades), wrapping freshly rope-dyed yarns into a twisted hank skein.
The result is a really unique fabric with a great amount of slub and a beautiful hue of indigo shadows that only ONI can create. It's one of the slubbiest and most beautiful fabrics we have ever seen (just take a look at our close-up pictures of the fabric). It is a highly irregular denim, both in terms of texture and color. Thinner and thicker threads run through each other, changing from deep indigo to vibrant electric blue.
The jeans are made with all the superior-quality ONI details such as copper buttons, high-quality pocket bags, custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch and the iconic ONI "kabuki selvedge". The Orange, green and black selvedge make reference to the Japanese "Kabuki theatre" curtains.
The cut is the ONI's 266 regular straight fit with a high rise. This is a great choice for anyone who likes a regular fit without being too slim on the thighs and calves or too relaxed.
- 16oz unsanforized natural indigo Kase rope dyed Japanese "Kabuki" selvedge denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% cotton
- High rise
- Regular straight
- Unique fabric (Only Oishi-San can create it)
- Warp: Natural Indigo Kase rope dyed / Weft: white
- Ultra slubby, irregular & hairy texture
- Ultra low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Selvedge line colour: "Kabuki" (Orange, green and black)
- ONI custom copper donut buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Kabuki selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Durable cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with ONI logo
- Super limited quantities
- Made in Japan
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]