The new Kiraku-II fabric is the updated version of ONI's original Kiraku lightweight selvedge denim. Kiraku (楽), translates as "comfort" due to its 12-oz lightweight fabric. The weave tension is extremely low for this denim, combining different kinds of cotton (Peru and Pima), so it has resulted in a fabric which is variegated and irregular despite its relatively lightweight. Crafted using thicker yarn than its predecessor, the jeans are heavy in appearance while maintaining a deceptively breathable feel through the loose-tension weave.
For this new version of the Kiraku fabric, the shuttle looms were even more manipulated to get an ultra-low tension. The result is an unusual soft fabric with a considerable amount of slub and a beautiful hue of indigo shadows due to the natural indigo rope dyeing. This fabric is unique, and only Oishi-San can create it.
The jeans are made with all the superior-quality ONI details such as copper buttons, high-quality pocket bags, custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch and a pink selvedge ID.
The ONI's 515 cut is called "Tight Straight" fit. It is a slim straight fit, which gives the comfort in the top block and a relaxed, moderate taper through the legs with a mid-rise.
- 12oz unsanforized natural indigo rope dyed Japanese selvedge denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- High breathability
- 100% cotton
- Slim straight
- Unique fabric (Only Oishi-San can create it)
- Warp: Natural Indigo rope dyed / Weft: white
- Ultra slubby, irregular & hairy texture
- Ultra low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Selvedge line colour: Pink
- ONI custom copper donut buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Pink selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Durable cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with ONI logo
- Pink inseam thread
- Super limited quantities
- Made in Japan
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]