The ONI Red Caliper jeans are made with a unique natural indigo dyed 16oz fabric that will result in beautiful fades with a strong character. Oishi-San applied a low tension technique on the shuttle loom to get a slubby, crispy, rough and almost dry look, also accentuated by the Japanese "Tempi" treatment (one-wash and sun drying).
Oishi-San wants to commemorate his 50 years of dedication to denim with these jeans, and for that he also makes a little wink to the "red "colour of Levis, paying tribute to the first workers of Levis Japan. The Red Caliper jeans feature a button painted red on the fly and red bartacking on the rear pockets.
The cotton is dyed in natural indigo, and the colour is deep and rich with tons of character and variation in shades of blue under different lighting conditions. Fibres saturated with pure organic indigo produce a bouquet of blue tones and a slightly woolly and slubby outer appearance.
The jeans are made with all the superior-quality ONI details such as copper buttons, high-quality pocket bags, red bartacking on the rear pockets and a custom natural deerskin leather patch.
The cut is the iconic Oni relaxed Tapered fit. A modern slim silhouette that with a bit of extra room in the stop block for comfort tapering to narrow leg opening cut.
- 16oz unsanforized natural indigo rope dyed Japanese selvedge denim. It is a one-wash version so expect no shrinkage
- 100% cotton
- Medium rise
- Relaxed Tapered
- Red painted button
- Red bartacking on the rear pockets
- Warp: Natural pure dyed Indigo / Weft: white
- Slubby, crispy and rough texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Selvedge line colour: natural white
- ONI custom copper donut buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Peek-a-boo selvedge coin pocket
- Durable cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Raised belt loops
- Custom natural horse leather patch with ONI logo
- Super limited quantities
- Made in Japan
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]