The Oni X Tanuki OTJKT3 jacket is part of the exclusive 2018 collab between the legendary Oishi-San one-man brand Oni Denim, known for its low tension and irregular slubby denim, and Tanuki, a brand that uses details and a premium construction on a level that does not exist in the Japanese denim industry today.
In this collab both brands have worked together to produce a new version of the legendary ONI secret denim fabric, experimenting with 3 different types of cotton. The result is a beefier, unsanforized 21.5oz fabric, woven at low tension with an amazing slub, nep and hairy texture and hand feel.
The jacket is made with all the superior quality Tanuki details such as copper buttons, embroidery, organic natural indigo rope dyeing, extra-durable blue herringbone cotton-lined interior pockets and of course the beloved ONI x Tanuki custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch.
The weft yarn is beige cotton. The warp yarn is rope-dyed with pure natural indigo dye. The fading potential is incredible and will showcase a variety of shades ranging over different tones of blue.
The cut is a modern Type III fit with hand warmer pockets have been added at the hip with Tanuki´s Japanese extra-durable blue herringbone cotton lining
In the shoulder there is a stitched Tanuki logo. their 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. . The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 21.5 oz unsanforized japanese selvedge Denim organic natural indigo rope dyed. It is the one-wash version, so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% cotton. A new blend using three different kinds of cotton has been used exclusively for weave this fabric including the USA cotton sourced for ONI
- Type III fit
- Two chest pockets
- Warp: Organic natural Indigo / Weft: beige
- Slubby irregular, nep & Hairy Texture
- Low tension weave applied in the shuttle loom
- Stitched Tanuki Logo 2 lines in the shoulders
- Selvedge line colour: Pink
- Electric blue stitching in the cuffs and side seams
- Tanuki custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hand warmer hip pockets with the Tanuki´s Japanese extra-durable deep blue herringbone cotton-lined fabric
- Interior pockets with the Tanuki´s Japanese extra-durable light blue herringbone cotton-lined fabric
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with ONI x Tanuki logo in the interior
- ONI and Tanuki cotton labels inside
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftmen
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]