Stevenson's fabric for "LA JOLLA 727 BLACK" jean is made with long staple U.S. cotton and woven on old shuttle looms, which gives the fabric a unique and vintage character. The sanforized black/black denim used in these jeans is an original fabric developed by Stevenson Overall Co. for its line of jeans and woven by the famous Okayama Kuroki denim mill. Even the yarn used is developed for Stevenson by the oldest yarn production factory in Okayama, aging like a 100% cotton yarn but still very strong so that the jeans last longer.
Some iconic Stevenson jean details include custom donut buttons and rounded back pocket without hidden rivet but extremely well stitched.
The entire jean is single-needle sewn with a black thread which is incredible when you see how precise the constructional stitching is.
This jean is the purest image of the jeans of the 60s, when jeans began to shift from workwear into a fashion item, and many brands began producing 5-pocket jeans made with various types of materials and colours. It is a tight-fitting, slim-legged jean with a perfect fit, which also includes some details seen in the 1920s, such as the front coin pocket or the belt loops.
It does fade over time to a lighter grey with time and wear.
The cut is a slim fit with a medium rise, slim top block, and a moderate and comfortable taper down to the hem opening.
- 13.5oz Japanese sanforized selvedge denim from Kuroki Mill, Japan. The fabric is sanforized so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% long staple U.S Cotton
- Slim-tapered iconic 1960´s cut
- Medium rise
- Warp: black / Weft: black
- Selvedge line colour: black
- Original fabric developed by Stevenson Overall Company
- Typical 1920s details
- 5 pockets
- Front pockets trim with star logo
- Rounded back pockets
- No back pocket hidden rivets, but stress points are extremely well stitched
- Single-needle sewn
- Black thread, elegant look
- Stevenson custom donut buttons
- Leather patch
- Double seams on the belt loops
- Denim woven on vintage Toyoda Looms by Kuroki Co., Ltd. in Okayama
- Made in Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]