The Studio D’Artisan D1755 suvin gold cotton regular straight-narrow 15oz jeans are made with Suvin Gold cotton, one of the best and most expensive and luxury cottons in the world. This cotton is grown in India and is an extreme long staple cotton with very fine fibers. It´s extremely difficult to cultivate. It needs new seeds to be created each year, which is costly and time-consuming. This results in a very soft denim with strong threads.
Suvin Gold is a hybrid of an Egyptian cotton “Sujata” and a Sea Island Cotton derivative from the West Indies known as “St. Vincent.” It has the fineness of 2.8 micro and the thinnest compared to other super long cotton, therefore, the texture is particularly soft, strongly insisting on the characteristics of the material as a product. Because it contains natural wax, oils and fats, it has silky luster and drape and slimy texture. You can enjoy the soft texture of raw cotton and does not easily cause change in texture even for repeated washing.
Because it has a fine fineness and a lot of wax, it has an elegant luster, and it has a luxurious feeling which is not unique in addition to its texture.
Only 1.500 to 2.000 tables are produced per year, while being a cotton with silky luster and cashmere-like feel, it will be the finest cotton with very rare value.
In these jeans, SDA has used Suvin Gold cotton for weft yarn and for warp they have used Supima cotton cultivated in Arizona, USA. Supima cotton is a super long fiber cotton with a fiber length of 35mm or more and is thin and long in fiber, more uniform in length, stronger in durability. It is said that moist skin feel is comparable to cashmere.
Among its details, we can find an amazing customized Studio D´Artisan natural thick leather patch, Studio D´Artisan custom black enamel coated steel buttons or a selvedge hidden coin pocket.
The silhouette is a regular straight-narrow cut. It has a taper down yet maintains a good amount of room in tighs, knees and calves, thus achieving a very comfortable yet 1960´s classic fit. It has a mid rise.
It is non-wash version, we highly recommend you soak the jeans in hot water before the first wear. Expect around 2,5cm (1in) of shrinkage in the waist and 6,4cm (2.5in) in the inseam when soaking so please, keep it in mind when looking for your size in the product size chart.
- 15oz unsanforized non wash Japanese selvedge luxury denim.
- Suvin Gold cotton, one of the best cottons in the world
- Warp: Indigo (Supima Cotton) / Weft: white (Suvin Gold cotton)
- Medium Rise
- Regular straight-narrow fit
- Fine silky luster and cashmere-like feel
- Iconic Studio D´Artisan arc pockets
- Selvedge line colour: red
- Studio D´Artisan custom black enamel coated steel buttons
- Custom-engraved Studio D´Artisan rivets
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Bartack reinforced
- Japanese heavy duck high quality canvas pocket bags
- Raised belt loops
- Reinforced back pockets with durable cotton-lined fabric
- SDA custom natural thick leather patch
- SDA Suvin Gold tote bag included
- Made in Japan