The Tanuki IDJKT3 (Indigo x Indigo Jacket) is made with Tanuki’s Indigo x Indigo fabric. An unsanforized 15oz double indigo with an indigo warp and indigo weft, both rope dyed, resulting in an incredible deep blue shade. The fabric is woven with a low-tension technique that feels much lighter and breathable than a standard 15oz fabric. It has a beautiful slubby texture with an amazing hand feel. Its irregular appearance belies the surprisingly smooth comfort for the wearer. Unparalleled depth of indigo across the most irregular, low-tension surface Tanuki has ever created.
Fast, high-contrast fades, the slub and nep of this artful fabric produce snowy sprinkles of light-coloured highlights that arise gradually over its surface with wear. It is made with 100% Texas cotton (medium in staple fibre length) to recreate vintage hand feel.
The cut is the iconic Type III trucker style with a slim fit while giving it some additional length in the process. Thanks to that length, hand warmer pockets have been added at the hip with japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton pocket bag lining
In the shoulder there is the embroidered Tanuki 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 15oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge Denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% Texas Cotton
- Type III fit
- Two chest pockets
- Warp: indigo / Weft: indigo
- Slubby, irregular & snowy sprinkles texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo: 2 lines in the shoulder
- Selvedge line colour: electric blue
- Tanuki custom buttons
- Custom-engraved antique dark-finish buttons and hardware
- Hand warmer pockets with japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton pocket bag lining
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo in the interior
- Contrasting bright blue buttonholes in the cuffs
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]