The Tanuki IDR (Indigo x Indigo Regular) is made with Tanuki’s Indigo x Indigo fabric. An unsanforized 15oz double indigo with an indigo warp and indigo, weft both rope dyed, resulting in an incredible deep blue shade. The fabric is woven with a low-tension technique that feels much lighter and breathable than a standard 15oz fabric. It has a beautiful slubby texture with an amazing hand feel. Its irregular appearance belies the surprisingly smooth comfort for the wearer. Unparalleled depth of indigo across the most irregular, low-tension surface Tanuki has ever created.
Fast, high-contrast fades, the slub and nep of this artful fabric produce snowy sprinkles of light-coloured highlights that arise gradually over its surface with wear. It is made with 100% Texas cotton (medium in staple fibre length) to recreate a vintage hand feel.
The cut is a regular straight fit with a mid-rise. This is a great choice for anyone who likes a regular fit without being too slim on the thighs and calfs or too relaxed.
Near the back pocket there is the embroidered Tanuki 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 15oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% Texas Cotton
- Medium rise
- Regular straight fit
- Warp: indigo / Weft: indigo
- Slubby, irregular & snowy sprinkles texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo, 2 lines near the right back pocket
- Selvedge line colour: electric blue
- Tanuki custom buttons
- Custom-engraved antique dark-finish copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Reinforced back pockets with Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo
- Contrasting bright blue Interior threads
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]