The Tanuki KHT (Kaze High Tapered) is made with Tanuki’s perfect summer fabric. An unsanforized lightweight 13oz light indigo fabric. “Kaze” is a Japanese word that translates as “wind”. It defines the light weight and breathability of the fabric. Tanuki has combined low-tension and high-density weave techniques and less indigo dyeing dips than normally to create this amazing light blue colour. Despite its lightweight fabric and light blue colour, the jeans fabric will develop beautiful and contrasting fades with use. It is made with 100% Texas cotton (medium in staple fibre length) to recreate a vintage hand feel.
The jeans are made with all the superior-quality Tanuki details such as copper buttons, Tanuki logo embroidered back pocket detail and the iconic Tanuki custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch.
For these jeans, Tanuki has included a Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
The cut is a modern high-tapered fit. The taper is pretty aggressive so that it gives a slim-fitting silhouette while allowing for a lot of space at the thighs with a high rise.
Near the back pocket there is the embroidered Tanuki 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 13oz unsanforized lightweight Japanese selvedge denim “wind fabric”. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- Breathability and light weight
- 100% californian Cotton
- High rise
- High tapered fit
- Warp: light Indigo / Weft: white
- A little slubby, irregular and neppy Texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo, 2 lines near the right back pocket
- Selvedge line colour: red
- Tanuki custom buttons
- Tanuki custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Reinforced back pockets with Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo
- Contrasting blue interior threads
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen