The Tanuki KT (Kaze Tapered) is made with Tanuki’s summer fabric. An unsanforized lightweight 13oz light indigo fabric. “Kaze” is a Japanese word that translates as “wind”. It defines the light weight and breathability of the fabric. Tanuki has combined low-tension and high-density weave techniques and less indigo dyeing dips than normally. Standing out for its unique shade of indigo, which is due to a lesser number of rope dye dips, it will decrease in the time of each dip and quicker exposure to oxygen after each dip. This also results in some greenish undertones in the fabric. This lighter blue pays homage to vintage denim, dead-stock fabrics from the 1960s to the 1980s. The denim features a light indigo warp and cheese-dyed beige weft. It is made with Peruvian Aspero cotton used in the warp and a blend of short staple Californian cotton and long staple Supima cotton. Thanks to that, the handle of this denim is textured but not rough and creates a balance between crispness and comfort.
The jeans are made with all the superior-quality Tanuki details such as copper buttons, Tanuki logo embroidered back pocket detail, custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch or Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
The cut is a modern tapered fit, simple taper from the knee down with a close leg opening, still offering plenty of room in the thigh and top block with a mid-rise.
Near the back pocket there is the embroidered Tanuki 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 13oz unsanforized lightweight Japanese selvedge denim “wind fabric”. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- Breathability and light weight
- 100% cotton. Peruvian Aspero, Californian and Supima blend.
- Medium rise
- Tapered fit
- Warp: light Indigo / Weft: cheese-dyed beige
- A little slubby, irregular and neppy Texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo, 2 lines near the right back pocket
- Selvedge line colour: red
- Tanuki custom buttons
- Tanuki custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Reinforced back pockets with Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo
- Contrasting blue interior threads
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]