The Tanuki NSXT (Natural Indigo Tapered) is made with a unique natural indigo dyed fabric that will result in beautiful fades with a strong character. Due to being made with 98% Texas cotton and 2% polyurethane, the fabric combines slub and stretch that adds comfort for the user in this modern extra-tapered fit. It is dyed in natural indigo and the colour is deep and rich with tons of character. Fibres saturated with pure organic indigo produce a bouquet of blue shades and a slightly woolly and slubby outer appearance. The time-honoured tradition of nurturing live indigo has been perfected to create a natural indigo fabric unlike anything seen or felt before. Decades of experience setting a new standard for the future.
The jeans are made with all the superior-quality Tanuki details such as copper buttons, Tanuki logo embroidered back pocket detail and the iconic Tanuki custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch.
The cut is a very modern extra-tapered fit, a contemporary cut that features a medium rise, slim top block and an aggressive taper down to the narrow hem opening.
Near the back pocket there is the embroidered Tanuki 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 16.5oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 98% Texas cotton 2% polyurethane
- Medium rise
- Extra Tapered fit
- Warp: Natural pure organic dyed Indigo / Weft: white
- Slubby, irregular & hairy texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo, 2 lines near the right back pocket
- Selvedge line colour: natural white
- Tanuki custom buttons
- Tanuki custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Durable Japanese gingham cotton lined fabric in front and back pockets
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo
- Contrasting blue interior threads
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen