The Tanuki PJKT (P Jacket) is made of a limited edition of Tanuki’s N fabric, called P fabric. It’s a very slubby natural indigo 16.5oz fabric, with a beige weft and a really interesting fuzzy surface. It is made of a blend of Supima and Texas cotton (the cotton staples have very different lengths, which results in the slubby and fuzzy appearance of the fabric. The Supima cotton produces a different chemical reaction with the indigo dye and therefore It is possible to see a very subtle purple hue in the weft. It will fade very nicely because natural indigo dye penetrates the core of the yarn and Tanuki managed to combine different dyeing techniques.
The cut is a modern Type III fit without hand warmer pockets.
In the shoulder there is the embroidered Tanuki 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 16,5oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge limited-edition Denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% cotton. Texas and Supima cotton blend
- Type III fit
- Two chest pockets
- No hand warmers
- Warp: Indigo / Weft: Beige
- Subtle purple hue in the weft
- Slubby, irregular, fuzzy and hairy texture
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo: 2 lines in the shoulder
- Selvedge line colour: white
- Copper buttons
- Yellow thread
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo in the interior
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen