The Tanuki shell cordovan short bifold wallet is definitely a piece of art. It is made of natural Shinki shell cordovan leather, one of the best leathers we can find today around the world.
Shell Cordovan leather comes from the flat muscle (or shell) beneath the hide on a horse’s rump. The leather derives its name from the city of Cordoba, Spain, where it was first produced by the Visigoths in the seventh century.
The leather has been tanned in the prestigious Shinki Hikaku workshop, one of Japan’s most respected tanneries. Based in Hyogo Prefecture, Kobe, Shinki Hikaku has been producing leather since 1951. Specializing in equine leathers, they are especially known for their Shell Cordovan, which takes almost a whole year to produce, using specially selected horsehide from Europe, and perfected tanning processes.
The wallet is completely hand-stitched by Matsumura-San, a renowned Japanese leather craftsman with more than 20 years of experience.
The interior blue suede lining gives it an amazing look and hand feel.
This is the zippered coin compartment version.
- Bifold short wallet design
- European horse Cordovan shell
- Tanned by Shinki Hikaku tannery in Japan
- Completely hand-stitched by Matsumura-San
- Hand-bevelled and burnished edges
- Hand-stamped Tanuki Logos and Handmade in Japan sentence
- Blue suede lining
- 6 slot card compartments
- Zippered coin compartment
- 11.3cm x 10cm x 3.7cm (length x width x depth) // 4.4in x 3.9in x 1.4in (length x width x depth)
- Includes an exclusive Tanuki box
- Handmade in Japan. Tanned in Japan
- We recommend to use a Horse Hair Brush to brush off any type of dirt and apply a light coat of Smith´s leather balm to rehydrate when needed.
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]