The Tanuki THT (Ten high Tapered) is made with Tanuki’s new 2019 slubby lightweight fabric. An unsanforized lightweight 12.5-oz indigo extra low tension super breathable and textured fabric. “Ten (天)” is a Japanese word that translates as “Sky”. It defines the light weight and the high breathability ratio of the fabric. Tanuki has combined low-tension and high-density weave techniques to create a variegated fabric with an amazing amount of slub despite its light weight.
The jeans are made with all the superior-quality Tanuki details such as copper buttons, Tanuki logo embroidered back pocket detail and the iconic Tanuki custom vegetable-tanned deerskin leather patch.
Despite its lightweight fabric, the jeans will develop beautiful and contrasting fades with use.
For these jeans, Tanuki has included a Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric in front pockets and a electric blue and white selvedge ID.
The weft yarn is white cotton. The warp yarn is rope-dyed with indigo dye. The fading potential is incredible and will showcase a variety of shades ranging over different tones of blue.
The cut is a modern high-tapered fit. The taper is pretty aggressive so that it gives a slim-fitting silhouette while allowing for a lot of space at the thighs with a high rise.
Near the back pocket there is a embroidered Tanuki logo. their 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. . The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 12.5-oz unsanforized lightweight super breathable Japanese selvedge denim “Sky fabric”. It is the one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- High breathability
- 100% cotton
- High rise
- High tapered fit
- Warp: Indigo / Weft: white
- Slubby and irregular texture
- Extra low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo, 2 lines near the right back pocket
- Selvedge line colour: electric blue
- Tanuki custom buttons
- Tanuki custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric in front pockets
- Reinforced back pockets with Japanese extra-durable herringbone cotton-lined fabric
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo
- Contrasting blue interior threads
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]