The Tanuki ZDT (Zetto Draft Tapered) is made with the Tanuki´s perfect all season fabric. An unsanforized 14.5oz midweight slubby indigo 100% texas cotton fabric Extra-low tension weaved. It is inpired by the original low tension japanese denim fabrics. Up until a few years ago three shuttle looms had the capability to manufacture the fabric but after the catastrophic rains in Japan in 2018, two of them are now completely destroyed, so there is only a single shuttle loom in the world that can weave this amazing denim. Once the last loom stops working we will never see this fabric again.
With loose yarn coils and the shuttle looming machine set for maximum rattle, this fabric pushes the limits in terms of slub and character, making it the Tanuki´s slubbiest fabric. The loose yarn makes the fabric unstable and prone to shedding indigo, resulting in fast fades. This fabric produces moderate contrast fades with an artisanal vintage feel and strong patina.
The cut is a modern street style draft tapered fit, with a high-rise, strong taper, loose-fit at thighs and ankle length fit to ensure a perfect silhouette for sneakerheads.
Near the back pocket there is a stitched Tanuki logo. their 二 (Ni) logo, two parallel lines in Japanese Kanji representing the number 2. The lower line represents the past, tradition, the standard, peace. The upper line represents the future, change, strength. . The red and blue colours of their logo refer to Japan’s flag, honouring their roots as denim artisans.
- 14.5oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% Texas cotton
- High rise
- Draft Tapered fit
- Warp: Indigo / Weft: White
- Slubby irregular & Hairy Texture
- Extra-low tension weave applied in the shuttle loom
- Embroidered Tanuki Logo, 2 lines near the right back pocket
- Selvedge line colour: light blue
- Tanuki custom buttons
- Tanuki custom copper buttons and hardware
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Japanese durable cotton-lined fabric in front pocket customized with Tanuki screen printing
- Raised belt loops
- Custom vegetable tanned deerskin leather patch with Tanuki logo
- Contrasting blue interior threads
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Japanese denim craftsmen