The Periscope Pocket Tail Shirt is made with pockets which echo the large chest pockets of generic work shirts, accessed from the middle at the top. Periscope pockets have an additional opening at the lower outside, so they can also be used as hand-warmers. Larger objects could be fed in and pulled out from the top, hands and smaller items can be slipped in from the sides. It should be noted its texture, cut and its amazing olive buttons.
Garments are sewn by a husband and wife team of two, in their own small factory in the Midlands. One of the reasons that Tender’s clothes have their own special feel is the selection of machines used. Even lightweight shirts are produced on heavy machines designed for workwear and industrial purposes. By retooling and adjusting to allow for the fabric weight, garments come out with uniquely twisted or puckered seams. Longer stitch patterns give a feeling of practicality, but also avoid damaging the fabrics with unnecessary punctures and allow slight flexibility in the seams, helping the clothes to mould and form even better to the wearer’s body over time.
- 100% cotton thread
- Cut from ecru cotton custom woven in England with split faces, using the same technique used for car airbags
- Raw fabric rinsed to shrink
- Two large chest pockets of generic work shirts, accessed from the middle at the top
- Bartacked pocket corners
- Large chest pocket patches open at the lower outside and upper inside
- Pleated back
- Gathered false cuff
- Deep shaped tails
- Real Natural olive wood buttons
- Slim fit with a long vertical lenght
- Made in England
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]