The Harvester ecru long-sleeve impresses at first sight for its amazing real mother-of-pearl buttons and for its quality cotton unbleached ecru single-jersey fabric.
It is made in Japan by John Lofgren & Co. and based on the kind of Henley shirts that became popular around the turn of the century, both as sportswear (it was the traditional uniform of rowers from the British city of Henley-on-Thames, home of the Henley Royal Regatta in the 1890s), and as an undergarment for warmth. The Harvester shirt can be worn as a standalone shirt or as a warm undershirt (It is not thin or heavy).
The soft, unbleached, ecru fabric recalls the rustic feel of the 1800s and early 1900s. Those dark-coloured flecks in the fabric are cotton plant material, including leaves, burrs and bark.
Lockstitch construction ensures durability at points of stress. The placket curves slightly at the top in a unique design. Brown genuine mother-of-pearl cat's eye buttons are period-correct and glisten in the sun, revealing myriad subtle colours.
- 100% cotton unbleached medium-weight ecru single jersey, woven in Japan
- Three brown mother-of-pearl 14-mm width buttons
- One-wash, expect no shrinkage
- Unique curved placket facing
- Lockstitch construction throughout
- Extra fabric layer at back of neck for perspiration
- Side seams
- Ribbed cuffs
- 100% made in Japan