The Trophy Clothing “Dirt Denim” jeans are made of unsanforized 14.5oz indigo rope dyed fabric with several indigo dips, producing a rustic brown-indigo colour. They are made by a 75-year-old craftsman mandated with producing the denim fabric. He performs meticulous work in Okayama City, Japan, using an old Toyoda G3 shuttle loom. The Toyoda automatic loom “G3” was first introduced half a century ago. As the earliest power loom in Japan, the maintenance can be extremely difficult simply because there are no more new replacement parts available; when maintenance is needed, they can only replace the parts by gleaning the parts that are still functioning from the same models which are no longer in use. Besides, it has very low productivity as it weaves only 5 meters of fabrics per hour. However, G3 is the only machine that still weaves the same workwear-like denim that had a unique rough surface, yarn evenness and ruggedness as what it did half a century ago.
The jeans are made by using low-tension techniques applied, resulting in a sturdy yet lightweight 14.5oz fabric and a slightly rough and somewhat irregular average vintage roughness. All jeans have been stitched with a polyester and cotton blend yarn of variable width for maximum durability.
The cut of the standard model 1605 Dirt Denim is a regular straight cut with a good amount of space in the thighs, knees and calves, thus achieving a very comfortable yet classic fit. They have a mid rise.
- 14.5oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge denim. It is a one-wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% cotton
- Medium rise
- Regular straight fit
- Warp: rustic brown indigo / Weft: white
- Some slubby, irregular & rough texture. Amazing vintage feel
- Low-tension weave applied on the shuttle loom
- Selvedge line colour: red and yellow
- Brass Trophy Clothing customized donut buttons
- Brown Trophy Clothing customized hand-settled rivets
- Hidden rivet pockets
- Selvedge hidden coin pocket
- Durable cotton-lined fabric in front pocket
- Reinforced back pockets with durable cotton-lined fabric and chainstitching
- Western stitching in front pockets
- Custom deerskin leather patch with Trophy Clothing logo
- Double-stitched inseam, orange and indigo stitching
- Chainstitched run-off at hem
- Made in Okayama, Japan
- Each jean includes a special “Dirt denim” Bell Trophy Clothing key ring
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]