The Trophy Clothing Authentic Denim jacket is a reproduction of the iconic Vintage Levi's 507 XX (2nd Type). It is made with unsanforized 13,5oz denim fabric. From the fabric to sewing to silhouette, it is made with care down to the last detail. It has two front pockets in the chest, double needle-stitched and waist clinch.
The jacket is made of an unsanforized 13,5oz fabric indigo rope dyed with several indigo dips, getting a beautiful deep indigo tone. It is made by a 75 year old craftworker mandated of producing the denim fabric, he carries out meticulous work in Okayama city, Japan, using an old Toyoda G3 shuttle loom. The Toyoda automatic loom “G3” was first introduced half a century ago. As the earliest power loom in Japan, the maintenance can be extremely difficult simply because there are no more new replacement parts available; when maintenance is needed, they can only replace the parts by gleaning the parts that are still functioning from the same models which are no longer in use. Besides, it has very low productivity as it weaves only 5 meters of fabrics per hour. However, G3 is the only machine that still weaves the same workwear-like denim that had a unique rough surface, yarn evenness and ruggedness as what it did half a century ago.
The jacket is made using low-tension techniques applied in the shuttle loom resulting in a sturdy yet lightweight 13,5oz fabric with an amazing deep indigo colour.
- 13.5oz unsanforized Japanese selvedge Denim. It is one wash version so expect almost no shrinkage
- 100% Memphis cotton
- 1950's popular Type II fit
- Woven using an old Toyoda G3 shuttle loom
- Two front chest pockets, double needle stitched
- Waist adjustable straps
- No hand warmers
- Warp: indigo / Weft: grey
- Point Collar
- Metal button with Trophy embossing
- Copper rivets with Trophy embossing
- Selvedge line colour: White
- Custom deerskin leather patch
- Made in Okayama, Japan
- Each jacket includes a special “Authentic Denim” Trophy Clothing key ring
[Visit our LOOKBOOK and discover a great selection of heritage street-style outfits]